Move over, avocado toast! These bowls are great for a cookout, picnics, or game day. Balsamic vinegar and goat cheese is one of my favorite combinations for salads. It’s just too tasty!
For this recipe, I used a little liquid smoke to add some extra flavor to the cheese. If you don’t have the smoke, you can always skip it then add the cheese without heating it first. If you like things spicy, then you can make this recipe hotter with Sriracha or chili flakes.
These are also easy to make with minimal prep time. However, if making for later, make sure you cover them with plastic wrap to ensure the avocado doesn’t become brown.
Yields 6 servings of Balsamic Avocado Bowls.
- 3 medium avocados, halved
- 50 grams mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium green onion, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 45 grams goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onions, and tomatoes into a mixing bowl.
2. Heat the olive oil, liquid smoke, and paprika in the pan.
3. Add in the goat cheese.
4. Sauté until the cheese is nicely browned.
5. Remove the pan from the stove. Add goat cheese into the mixing bowl. Mix together.
6. Scoop out a small portion of flesh from inside the avocado halves to create enough room for the filling. Set aside the scooped out avocado.
7. Spoon the salad mix into the avocado shells. Garnish with the scooped out avocado. Pour a half teaspoon of balsamic vinegar onto each.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Balsamic Avocado Bowls. Each serving comes out to be 169.13 Calories, 14.52g Fats, 2.53g Net Carbs, and 3.27g Protein.
|Balsamic Avocado Bowls||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 medium avocados, halved||681||63||35||28||7||8|
|1 medium green onion||4.8||0||1.1||0.4||0.7||0.3|
|10 cherry tomatoes||31||0.3||6.6||2||4.6||1.5|
|45g goat cheese||119||9.5||0||0||0||8.3|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||14||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon liquid smoke||0.8||0||0.2||0||0.2||0|
|½ teaspoon paprika||3.2||0.1||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.2|
|3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar||42||0||8.2||7.2||1||0.2|