Professional Baker Teaches You How To Make CHOCOLATE CAKE!
Try the recipe out for yourself, it’s just below! And don’t forget to let us know how your Blackout Chocolate Cake turned out!
Subscribe for more video recipes: http://goo.gl/MJV4af
2 ½ cup (375 g) all-purpose flour
1 cup (120 g) regular cocoa powder
2 ¼ (12 g) tsp baking soda
1 ½ (8 g) tsp salt
1 tsp (3 g) baking powder
1 ¼ (250 g) cup sugar
¾ cup (150 g) dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 ¼ cup (560 ml) buttermilk, room temperature
2 large large eggs, room temperature
1 ½ (8 ml) tsp vanilla extract
6 oz (170 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped, melted and cooled
3 cup (775 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (250 ml) cream cheese, room temperature
24 oz (680 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped, melted and cooled
4 tsp (20 ml) vanilla extract
½ (3 g) tsp salt
4 cup (520 g) icing sugar, sifted
⅔ (80 g) cup cocoa powder, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175 C). Grease and line with parchment 3 8-inch round cake pans.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder into a large bowl (or into the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment). Add sugars and butter and blend until a crumbly texture.
3. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together and add to larger bowl while mixing on low speed. Once incorporated, increase speed to medium-high and blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
4. Slowly pour in melted chocolate until evenly blended, then scrape batter equally between prepared cake pans, tapping pans gently to remove any large bubbles.
5. Bake cakes for 40 to 50 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of the