BROWN SUGAR & HONEY GLAZED BAKED HAM
Arrange rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
1 (10-pound) smoked, bone-in ham
1 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Remove plastic packaging or netting from the ham. Rise ham under running cool water. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Trim away any excess fat from ham leaving about a 1/4-inch layer all over. Set ham aside to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Line a sided baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil or several layer of regular aluminum foil (it will make clean up much easier). Place the ham, cut side down on baking sheet. Add 1/2 cup water around ham. Tightly cover ham with foil.
4. Bake 2 hours.
5. During last 15 minutes of cooking. In a small skillet or sauce pan, over medium heat, add the butter, brown sugar and honey. Stirring occasionally until brown sugar has dissolved, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside until lukewarm.
6. Remove ham from oven. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Remove foil from ham. Using a sharp knife score a 1-inch wide diamond pattern over the entire ham, Make sure not to cut more then 1/2-inch deep into ham.
7. Brush ham with a quarter of the honey glaze (about 1/4 cup), return to oven, bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Again remove ham from oven to brush with 1/4 cup of glaze and bake another 15 minutes. Repeat this two more times until the ham has baked a total of 1 hour.
8. Let the ham rest for 30-40 minutes before slicing.
Links to my FAVORITE CHRISTMAS DAY foods…
French’s famous GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE… https://youtu.be/vGmoCRzh6u4
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE W/ WALNUT CRUNCH TOPPING… https://youtu.be/gTrvh_CHIgQ
CORNBREAD DRESSING… https://youtu.be/P3zekyH09GQ