More yummy cookie recipes: http://bit.ly/1CXTYRh
Yields about 2 dozen cookies
1 ½ cups sugar (+ ¼ cup for cinnamon sugar mixture)
1 T cinnamon
2 ½ cups flour
(Optional: 2 tsp of cream of tartar – I usually don’t add this)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
½ cup vegetable shortening
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Combine ¼ cup of sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour , cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Cream together butter, shortening, and remaining 1 ½ cups sugar for 3-6 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture until dough just comes together.
5. Scoop out about 2 T. of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat and bake for 8 minutes. (Cookies won’t look done, but will set as they cool)
I always love seeing what you guys are baking, so be sure to share your creations with me on my Facebook page (http://on.fb.me/14LNQ1d) or Instagram @kawaiisweeteats with the hashtag #kawaiisweetworld!
Follow me on Instagram @kawaiisweeteats and share your creations with me with the hashtag #kawaiisweetworld (http://instagram.com/kawaiisweeteats)
Find me on Facebook and send me pictures of your kawaii treats and crafts: http://on.fb.me/14LNQ1d
Check out my channel: http://bit.ly/18keK04
Music courtesy of Audio Network “Best Foot Forward”